We are happy to make deliveries to hospitals, clinics and residential nursing homes. Please see the next section for important information about delivery to private addresses.
Our bikes mainly operate in the following areas;
- North Bike: Hub hospitals are Southmead and Bristol Royal Infirmary with the bike covering areas around Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire
- East Bike: Hub hospital is Royal United Hospital (RUH) Bath with the bike covering areas around Bath & North East Somerset, West Wiltshire including Chippenham, Devizes, Trowbridge and Warminster.
- West Bike: Hub hospital is Musgrove Park Hospital Taunton with the bike covering areas around Taunton, Bridgwater, Burnham-on-Sea, Glastonbury, Minehead, Shepton Mallet and Wells.
- Relief Bike: Used to complete urgent calls when all other bikes are busy or complex requests across the Freewheelers area of operation.
- Air Ambulance Bike: This fulfils our dedicated nightly delivery of blood products to both Wiltshire Air Ambulance and Great Western Air Ambulance so that they have blood products available to them at any incidents they attend.
Deliveries within Freewheelers normal area of coverage, whether exclusively in one area or between different areas e.g. Taunton to Bristol will be made FREE of charge, even if the route involves several riders e.g. West bike and North bike.
Longer trips outside our area are arranged by handover to neighbouring NABB blood bike groups such as SERV OBN, Cornwall blood bikes, South West Blood Bikes, SERV OBN, Yeovil Freewheelers, Severn Freewheelers or Blood bikes Wales. No matter where we deliver to, our volunteer riders and coordinators always give their time free of charge.